In addition to providing loans and grants for project implementation, NADB offers a variety of financial services to support border communities and other sponsors in developing sustainable projects with sound financial structures. These services may be provided during project development, as well as throughout project implementation and operation.
• Procurement of external
consultants to validate the
assumptions, underlying risks
and robustness of the
transaction from a financial,
legal, technical, environmental
and social standpoint.
• Consultant contract management and coordination.
• Internal expertise to review and provide feedback to consultants.
• Loan structuring and design.
• Financial modelling support.
• Support in obtaining authorizations at state and local levels.
• Loan documentation and negotiation support.
• Networking with equity and mezzanine investors, as well as senior debt providers.
• Road shows with potential financiers.
• Selection of financial institutions to secure funding.
• Guidance in defining the initial term sheet for the proposed transaction.
• Selection and coordination of external consultants to perform due-diligence reviews on behalf of the financial institutions.
• Negotiation of loan-related documents on behalf of the financial institutions.
• Coordination of all interactions between lenders and the borrower.
• Coordination with legal counsel for the incorporation or perfection of security interests, liens and pledges.
• Custodian of mortgages and pledges.
• Monitoring of covenants to verify that the borrower is in compliance with the terms of the loan agreement.
• Contracting of third-party consultants as necessary.